It is a nasty campaign for President of the United States! Most people feel like they are being dragged through the mud by simply watching television news, listening to talk radio, or engaging in social media.
Presidential politics is war! Oh, wait…all politics is war.
Have we descended into an unprecedented abyss? No! In 1800 a major newspaper wrote that if Thomas Jefferson became President “Murder, robbery, rape, adultery, and incest will be openly taught and practiced, the air will be rent with the cries of the distressed, the soil will be soaked with blood, and the nation black with crimes.”
Today, with video and audio recordings going back decades, open mics unknown to the speaker wearing them (though no public speaker or broadcaster should ever assume their mic is not hot), email hacks, Twitter and Facebook posts, text messages, everything we have ever said, in public or in private, is potentially subject to scrutiny.
Donald Trump’s lewd comments about women have offended most people and outraged many. Deservedly so. His comments are offensive and indefensible. And, unfortunately, there may be more to come.
Many Christians are now taking the position that because of his lewd comments and apparent attitude towards women, they can no longer support his campaign and will either not vote in the Presidential Election or shift their support to Hillary Clinton.
I believe the stakes are too high to either support Hillary Clinton or sit on the sidelines in this race and allow her to become the next President of the United States.
Here are my reasons:
- Hillary Clinton supports unrestricted abortion at any time through birth and she supports using taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions. Any abortion is the taking of a human life and is barbaric, but defending partial-birth abortion is particularly heinous. Hillary Clinton will appoint federal judges and U.S. Supreme Court Justices that support her views on abortion and taxpayer funding of abortions.
Donald Trump has articulated his pro-life position and his opposition to abortion and the use of taxpayer dollars to fund abortions.
- Hillary Clinton favors open borders and open trade. The recent Wiki-leaks release of her multi-million dollar speeches to international bankers revealed her desire for a Western Hemisphere without borders, a complete loss of U.S. sovereignty and a potential over-running of our country by hundreds of millions of people from impoverished Central and South American countries.
Donald Trump has articulated his commitment to strengthening our borders, protecting our economy and has stated that a nation without borders is no nation at all.
- Hillary Clinton has been a part of an administration that has stripped our military and depleted our standing in the world, refusing to even articulate that the greatest enemy we face today is radical Islamic Jihadism…instead…she has stated that the greatest enemy we face is man-caused climate change, even reaching out to Al Gore this week to try and boost her campaign by spewing his radical and disproved climate change ideology.
Donald Trump is committed to building up our military, taking care of our veterans, defending America from all enemies, foreign and domestic, and defeating radical Islamic Jihadism.
- On the issue of religious liberty Hillary Clinton has expressed her views that Evangelical Christians and Roman Catholics are deplorables and unredeemables, that their core views must be changed, and she is willing to use the force of government to accomplish that.
Donald Trump has pledged his support for religious liberty and his opposition to the use of government to violate our First Amendment rights regarding the free exercise of religion, the freedom of speech and the press, and the right of people to peaceably assemble and petition the government for a redress of grievances.
- Finally, if for no other reason, lifetime appointments to the United States Supreme Court. The next president could make as many as four or five appointments to the Supreme Court that could radically change the protections of law we have enjoyed for the previous two hundred twenty five plus years.
Donald Trump has put forth a list of Constitutional conservatives from which he would draw from as potential Supreme Court nominees, aligned with the views of the late Antonin Scalia, justices committed to applying the Constitution, not re-writing it according to their whims. Hillary Clinton has stated her positions on the First Amendment, the Second Amendment — frankly her disdain for the entire U.S. Constitution — and she will appoint justices that will systematically undermine our Constitution.
We cannot turn over the future of our nation to Hillary Clinton. Donald Trump, flawed man that he is, will preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and is totally committed to making America great again!